Periodontics in Boise
Promote Healthy Oral Hygiene
At Boise River Dental, we focus on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of gum diseases, as well as cosmetic periodontal procedures. Our experts have additional dental training to maintain your teeth’s base foundation and provide optimal care for your periodontal condition. Utilizing top-of-the-line dental equipment and clinically proven methodologies, our professionals can keep your teeth and supporting gum tissue as healthy as possible.
We offer the following periodontal services in Boise:
- Scaling & Root Planing
- Dental Implants
- Bone & Gum Drafting
- Ridge Augmentation
Periodontal disease is a progressive condition with two main stages, including:
- Gingivitis - The mildest form of periodontal disease, gingivitis is generally indicated with red, swollen, or inflamed gums, along with bleeding while gently brushing or flossing. Although easily reversible, if left untreated, it can develop into periodontitis.
- Periodontitis. This more destructive stage is where gum tissue and bone are eaten away as a result of the immune system attacking the built-up bacteria on the teeth. As the gum line starts to recede and create infected pockets, severe periodontitis can result in tooth loss and more serious health conditions.
Risk Factors & Common Symptoms of Gum Disease
Gum disease can be caused by several factors such as poor hygiene habits, tobacco use, genetics, hormonal changes, medication use, substance abuse, and more.
Signs & symptoms include:
- Tender & bleeding gums
- Sensitive or aching teeth
- Receding gum line
- Chronic bad breath
- Changes to bite, teeth, or dental work
- Pus or sores in your mouth
“Dr. Weimer and his staff are kind, caring, and very accommodating! I was always afraid to go to the dentist but not anymore! They always make sure to make me feel comfortable and very relaxed.”- Sondra
“Dr. Weimar prepped me for the permanent crown & they fitted a temporary in one visit. He was gentle & efficient, keeping me informed on every detail as he went through the process. I had almost no discomfort.”- Laurynda
“Dr. Weimer is both an artist and a skilled expert. When my extractions had complications Dr. Weimer immediately did the repairs to my skull. What he did in a half-hour would have taken weeks of scheduling with other dentists!”- Rorshach
Skilled & Caring Team
State of the Art Technology
Education On All Treatments
Family Friendly Environment